DGCA published draft CAR 145 Issue 2 16th July 2012 and invited comment before 16th October 2012.
This Issue 02 to CAR 145 is being issued to make Indian regulations aligned with EASA Part 145 latest revisions and SARI 145 Issue1 dated 15 October 2010. Salient features of the revision are
1. The requirements, related AMC and GM are brought together for easy reference
2. Reference to AME licenses as pre- CAR 66 have been replaced with post CAR -66
terminologies. Generic references such as “as per DGCA licensing System” have
been replaced with specific license as per CAR 66.
3. Requirements for Critical Design Configuration Control Limitations (CDCCL) and
training guide lines have been introduced.
4. Scope of components maintenance enhanced to include Indicating and Recording
System, Water Ballast and Propulsion Augmentation System.
5. The scope of simple defect rectification, which can be accomplished by flight crew
has been enhanced to include
a) Inspection for and removal of de-icing/anti-icing fluid residues.
b) Removal/ closure of panels, cowls or covers those are easily accessible but not
requiring the use of special tools.
6. Sub-paragraph CAR-145.A.65 (d) and 145.A.70 (d) regarding Safety Management
System is added
7. Appendix-IX on Safety Management System is added.