Thursday, March 28, 2013
Cessna SEL-28-01 FUEL LINE INSPECTION
CESSNA SINGLE ENGINE SERVICE LETTER SEL-28-01 March 15, 2013
FUEL - FUEL LINE INSPECTION
Group A Airplanes: The airplanes that follow were delivered with suspect fuel lines installed:
MODEL SERIAL NUMBERS 172R 17281616 thru 17281619
Group B Airplanes: The airplanes that follow if replacement suspect fuel lines have been
installed as spares that were shipped from Cessna between March 12,
2012 and November 15, 2012:
MODEL SERIAL NUMBERS 172R 17280001 thru 17281619
172S 172S8001 thru 172S11248
REASON Cessna has received reports of fuel seepage at 0.5-inch fuel line ﬂared connections.
All reports involved fuel line assemblies with an in service time of less than 10 ﬂight
DESCRIPTION This service letter provides instructions to do an inspection for seepage at the
suspect 0.5-inch fuel line ﬂared connections. If seepage is found, the fuel line
assembly is replaced.
COMPLIANCE MANDATORY. This service letter must be accomplished at the next complete
aircraft inspection (annual or 100-hour inspection), whichever occurs ﬁrst
1. Prepare the airplane for maintenance.
A. Make sure that the airplane is electrically grounded.
B. Make sure that all switches are in the OFF/NORM position.
C. Disconnect electrical power from the airplane.
(1) Disconnect the airplane battery.
(2) Disconnect external electrical power.
D. Attach maintenance warning tags to the battery and external power receptacle that have
"DO NOT CONNECT ELECTRICAL POWER - MAINTENANCE IN PROGRESS" written
2. Get access to the fuel lines.
3. With a ﬂashlight and a mirror, do an inspection of the 0.5 inch fuel lines installed in the
A. If there is no seepage, go to Step 4.
B. If there is seepage at one or more of the fuel lines, replace the fuel line:
(1) Keep the removed fuel line as ﬁeld scrap.
(2) Replace the fuel line as necessary to stop all seepage.
(3) Do a check for leaks in the fuel system.
(4) Do a check for the correct operation of the fuel system.
4. Install the access plates and interior panels and close the cowling that you removed for
5. Remove the maintenance warning tags and connect the airplane battery.
6. Make an entry in the airplane logbook that states compliance and method of compliance with this service letter
Please leave comments and share.