Outside Air Temperature (OAT) Sensor Removal/Installation
The air data computer uses data from the outside air temperature (OAT) probe to calculate true airspeed and outside air temperature.
A. Remove the OAT Sensor
NOTE: Installation is typical for left and right probes.
(1) Disconnect electrical power from the airplane.
(2) Remove the headliner above the crew seats.
(3) Remove the jam nut and washer from the OAT sensor.
(4) Disconnect the electrical connector.
B. Install the OAT Sensor
(1) Put the OAT sensor into the airplane.
(a) Make sure the bonding jumper is installed between the probe and the airplanes skin.
(2) Install the washer and jam nut on the OAT sensor.
(3) Connect the electrical connector.
(4) Install the headliner above the crew seats.
(5) Connect electrical power to the airplane.
(6) Make sure that the OAT probe. Make sure that the OAT probe functions properly.
(a) Make sure there are no red Xs on the OAT and TAS indicators on the PFD.(7) Disconnect electrical power from the airplane