Piper PA28 Window shattered

16/08/2015

Climbing out, I was just levelling off and as I reduced power there was a load bang and a rush of air.
Checking around I found the rear seat passenger was pointing at the window. It took a moment to realise it was missing. I even stuck my fingers out through the hole but sure enough it was gone. While the loss of the window did not affect the handling of the aircraft there was a risk of personal injury from the shrapnel. One piece flew forward and bounced off the instrument panel. I think it was fortunate the rear seat passenger was sat on the right where she was unharmed. I reduced speed and after confirming there was no affect on the aircraft handling and the passengers were unharmed we continued and made an uneventful landing. The window was the last remaining original piece of Perspex on the 1967 aircraft.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cessna 152 Magneto Check

Brake System Cessna 172

McCauley Propeller Installation fixed pitch