Responsibilities for various aspects of the different types of Check Flight are as follows:
• The decision as to when Maintenance Check Flights should be conducted resides with the operator’s CAMO, where necessary in liaison with the applicable maintenance organisation.
• The decision to carry out an Elective Check Flight resides with the operator, but should involve the CAMO and, where necessary, applicable maintenance organisation.
• For Maintenance and Elective Check Flights, the selection and competency of crew and the content of the CFS are the responsibility of the operator.
• The responsibility for the conduct of the flight rests with the commander.
• Where any doubt exists or advice is required, the authority should be contacted.